The new version of popular server stand-alone antivirus Virusdie.Server v.2.3.1 just been released. Archive processing optimisation and bug fix are onboard.
- Fixed command processing in file list scanning mode (`echo “:command…” | vdscan @ –echo`).
- Fixed unnecessary re-allocations of large memory buffers when scanning archives.
- Fixed the error when only one scanning thread was always used in file list scanning mode (@listfile) regardless of `–threads` flag.
- Improved detection of TAR archives / compressed files (by extension).
- Implemented scanning of single files containig RAW compressed data stream (“file.gz”, “file.bzip2”) (with `–unpack` flag). Unlike “file.tar.gz” or “file.txz”, such files are not TAR archives.
- New cleanup result status in the output/dump logs: `ND` (`3` in JSON) – the file was not deleted in accordance with the `-d` flag (printed when the file should be deleted, but there are `-r -d` flags passed).
- Rewritten the “send suspicious files for analysis” feature (`–sendfile`). Now the new base.virusdie.com API used. Config option `sendFilesHost` removed.
- Compiler updated
Find out more details in Virusdie.Server’s complete history of changes.